Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My complacency is unacceptable.

The issue we talked about isn't mine but somehow I like to make things mine :) Let it be what it is.

My awareness often comes later than I would like. Being somewhat controlling, I like to be the one to see what I need to in myself and not have to only realize it when something is pointed out. That is, I know, selfish and slightly ridiculous but I can admit to both of those things.

The laws of attraction, deliberate intent and allowing take diligence and conscious effort. Both of those things have been absent in me recently. I will not subscribe to the beating myself up school of thought over not paying attention, however, it is difficult to not be disappointed in myself over the complacency I allow in myself.

That said, I have the responsibility to myself to continually pay attention and be aware of what is going on in my behavior and words. There is no feeling worse than the shame I feel when having someone tell me that something I said or did was hurtful. I realize that it is better to be told than to be completely unaware but I believe myself to be more responsible than all of that behavior. I do not need to be perfect all the time but being blatantly oblivious is unacceptable.

Come on Amy, pay attention. Attract, create and allow!

No comments: