Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I woke up this morning to what I should be saying was the pleasant sounds of the birds singing. But, when they are inthe bush right outside my window, chirping two annoying and really loud repetitive sounds....a person just has to go out with the broom to chase them away!!!

Had a great weekend in Sheridan with Rachel's soccer team. I am finally coming to enjoy those times with her! I used to get irritated about the cost of such a trip, the time it took away from other things etc... But I decided a year or so ago that I would embrace these things with my kids and emjoy them as this time in my life is so short! Her team won the tournament and it is so fun to see the smiles on their faces after a victory! Tonight they play a group of boys and it is always fun to watch them get agressive against bigger, stronger kids.

I had a talk with Nick last night about the going to be a teenager activities that young men engage in. I find it so important to keep those lines of communication open and to let him know what is going to be coming up for him. As much as I can anyway. That he should ask me if he has any questions because i know that his friends may talk and that they may not really know what they are talking about. He is such a great kid! I just asked him about what he and his friends talk about etc...and if he wanted me to tell him about different topics. It was a really nice talk and I wanted him to know that it is normal. Gave him the guidelines as to privacy etc...

I adore my kids and they are the most important things in my life.

I am kicking myself for making that last trip to Denver as Penny is heading down there Wed. to go househunting. If I hadn't switched that last weekend, I would be able to join her. Paying the piper I guess. As far as the relationship there goes, it is pretty much at a total stand still. Intimacy issues on the other end are keeping me from investing too much more time. It begins to get complicated and the last thing I want or need in my life is complicated. I don't think that it is a conscious thought process to get over them or understand the reasons and I am not going to be the counselor. I really like the relationship! For the most part it is a positive, fun, experience. All of the joking around and ribbing is fun but even though I don't want a serious relationship, there comes a time when a bit more is required in the way of intimate conversation etc... For me anyway. But, does that eventually lead to a serious relationship? I don't know. I have never approached any like I am now and I suppose it remains to be seen. The relationship really is all about him in many ways and that is one thing that I will not compromise. I am at a time in my life when I know what I want and won't settle. So, there is another reason for the stand still. It is what it is. I enjoy the friendship and suppose that is where it will stand.

No comments: